Happy New Year! While we didn’t necessarily flip a switch at midnight on December 31st and erase all the problems from 2020, there is still a lot of hope for 2021 to be a better year. With the vaccine roll-out underway, we are prepping for travel’s return and the first step is dreaming up where we want to go this year! To kick off those vision boards, we’re rounding up 8 of the most hotly anticipated hotel openings of 2021.
(1) Montage Big Sky – Big Sky, Montana – Big Sky is one of the top ski resorts in the country, but it has long lacked a fabulous 5-star accommodation. That’s all set to change in 2021 with the opening of Montage Big Sky – a 150 room & 39 residence property with ski-in/ski-out access. Non-skiers will still enjoy cross-country skiing and snowshoeing on the 3,500 acre grounds, or just curling up by the giant fireplace in the lobby. But don’t write off the rest of the year either – summertime brings ample hiking, fly fishing, wildlife viewing and even golf – all with Montage’s signature luxury service.
(2) Airelles Château de Versailles, Le Grand Contrôle – Versailles, France – We deserve some seriously indulgent experiences to make up for 2020, right?! Ok, so enter Airelles Château de Versailles – a brand new 14 room boutique hotel opening inside the palace of Versailles. Guests will live like Kings and Queens as they enjoy historic period decor in their suites, a large spa, a new Alain Ducasse restaurant, and best of all, VIP after-hours access to the iconic state rooms of Versailles (sans crowds!). Sign us up!
(3) Stanly Ranch, an Auberge Resort – Napa Valley, California – The Napa region was hit particularly hard in 2020 with the combined impact of COVID-19 and unprecedented wildfires. The wineries need our business in 2021 and Auberge Resorts’ newest property (opening late summer 2021) is the perfect place to stay. The 712 acre Stanly Ranch is home to 135 rooms, 70 vineyard cottages and 40 villas, as well as a working winery that offers guests the opportunity to participate in operations and harvest celebrations.
Source: Auberge Resorts
(4) One&Only Portonovi – Herceg Novi, Montenegro – One&Only is set to open its very first hotel on the European continent and introduce a brand new wellness program, Chenot Espace. With 113 rooms, suites and villas – each with stunning views of the Adriatic sea – this coastal resort is sure to wow guests in 2021 and beyond. Those eager for a wellness escape will applaud the unique combination of Chinese medicine and Western technology in the hotel’s spa-centric, holistic wellness program.
Source: One&Only Resorts
(5) Aman New York – New York, New York – While Aman has 2 0ther properties in the US, Aman New York, will mark its very first urban location. Opening in Spring 2021 in the iconic Crown building in the heart of midtown Manhattan, the hotel boasts the largest entry level rooms in New York City. Fire is a central theme to the hotel – the 83 rooms and 21 residences each have a working fireplace and the 3-story spa has several fire pits and fire features.
(6) Six Senses Botanique – Mantiqueira Mountains, Brazil – Six Senses is also expanding its geographic footprint with its first ever property in the Americas! While the hotel itself has been in operation since 2012, it will be taken over by the Six Senses brand in early 2021 and feature numerous improvements. Built with a nature-focused Brazilian-inspired sustainable design, the property fits seamlessly into Six Senses’ portfolio. With just 7 suites and 13 on-site villas, Six Senses will expand the hotel’s offering, adding 14 off-site modular residences, several new dining concepts and of course Six Senses signature wellness experiences. A secluded location, wellness focus and plentiful outdoor activities – Six Senses Botanique will combine three of the primary tenets of COVID-era travel.
Source: Six Senses
(7) Pendry Park City – Park City, Utah – The Montage group’s young, hip, urban brand – Pendry – is on a major growth trajectory with its next property set to open this winter in the heart of Canyons Village in Park City. Guests can choose from 153 guest rooms and suites, enjoy ski-in/ski-out access and a rooftop pool and bar.
(8) Villa Igiea, a Rocco Forte Hotel – Palermo, Sicily – Rocco Forte is a pillar in Italy with the majority of its famed hotels within the country’s borders. In 2021, they will expand their Italian “empire” with a second location in hotspot Sicily when they take over Villa Igiea – a turn-of-the-century palazzo in Palermo, at the foot of Mount Pellegrino with stunning views of the Bay of Palermo. Once a retreat for Europe’s royalty and Hollywood’s elite, the splendor of Villa Igiea will be fully restored in May 2021 with its grand reopening under the Rocco Forte brand.